- CONVERSION TO ORTHODOXY
- Response to "A Lutheran Looks at ... Eastern Orthodoxy"
- Proper Distinction of Man
- Theology of What?!
- Theologians of the Cross, Glory, and Orthodoxy
- The Fathers and Romans 7:14-25
- Vicarious - yes; Satisfaction - huh?
- Wrath and Justification
- The Wrath of God (continued)
- Responding to Fr. Burnell Eckardt's "Temptations"
- Sacrifice Without Punishment
- Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
- Be Reconciled
- The Eucharist Is Essential
- Introducing a New Thing
- Response to Quiet George
- The Wedge Becomes the Ax
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
To not have the Eucharist at the center of your worship is to displace the Cross and Resurrection from the heart of the community, for that is what the Eucharist is. To bar infants and small children from the Eucharist is to exclude them from Good Friday, Easter Sunday, the Resurrection of the Just on the Last Day, and the gathering of the Elect into the eternal Kingdom - for all these are summed up entirely in the Eucharist. Participation in the Eucharist is no more optional than Christ's self-offering for our salvation, for they are one and the same. The historical events are done to establish the Kingdom, while the Eucharist is given that this Kingdom may be established in our midst and rule in our bodies and souls, so that when the Kingdom comes for all to see we may be found in its midst with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the elect, and reign with Christ unto ages of ages.
Posted by Benjamin Harju Labels: Orthodoxy